ICBC Counselling

ICBC Counselling for Motor Vehicle Accident Victims

Following car accidents, physical injuries are often the focus of recovery efforts, while mental effects are often ignored. Most people aren’t aware that the trauma from car accidents can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

We offer ICBC counselling to clients who have been in motor vehicle accidents. If you have been in a car accident or witness to one, book a complementary consultation with one of our experienced counsellors and therapists. We are here to support you through your journey of recovery and healing. 

Common Symptoms After a Car Accident Trauma:

  • Fear of driving
  • Flashbacks
  • Nightmares about the accident
  • Panic attacks
  • Refusal to talk or think about the accident
  • Inability to remember the accident, forgetfulness
  • Excessive guilt about the accident
  • Loss of interest in work, school, or other activities
  • Tendency to startle easily, jumpiness
  • Angry outbursts
  • Self-destructive behaviors
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Insomnia
  • Headaches, muscle tension and pains

How can ICBC Couselling Help?

After a car accident, our nervous system may be stuck in survival mode. We may feel a lot of stress and fear and the body is not able to return itself to a state of equilibrium.

Our therapists use evidence-based treatment modalities to help clients resolve trauma by integrating the memories of what happened and calming the body’s stress response. 

We provide secure online counselling and psychotherapy throughout Vancouver and BC. Our therapists have specialized training to treat trauma symptoms. We offer brain-body based treatments that focus on identifying, processing, and releasing trauma and emotional stress. 

A man drives his car.

Does ICBC Cover Counselling?

If you start within 12 weeks of the motor vehicle accident, then you are pre-approved for 12 counselling sessions without a referral note or prior approval from ICBC. 

If you require more than 12 sessions, we will request for an extension and advocate on your behalf.

If it has been more than 12 weeks since you were in an accident and, you will need to get a doctor’s referral. You can get this from your family doctor or a walk-in clinic. 

Our approved ICBC providers can direct bill ICBC when you have been in a vehicle accident. We will need the following information from you:

  • Your claim number
  • Your date of birth
  • Adjustors contact information

If you don’t have a claim number, please contact ICBC and notify them of your accident and get a claim number.

Book A Complementary Consultation With One Of Our experienced counsellors Today. We Look Forward To Hearing From You

“Beneath the surface of the protective parts of trauma survivors there exists an undamaged essence, a Self that is confident, curious, and calm, a Self that has been sheltered from destruction by the various protectors that have emerged in their efforts to ensure survival. Once those protectors trust that it is safe to separate, the Self will spontaneously emerge, and the parts can be enlisted in the healing process.”

Bessel A. van der Kolk

― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross