Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) in Vancouver, BC
Do you ever feel like worry and tension are taking over your life? You’re not alone!
GAD is like an uninvited guest that never leaves, causing constant, excessive worry about everyday matters such as health, money, family, or work.
It can make simple tasks feel like climbing Mount Everest, with relentless concerns often accompanied by physical symptoms like muscle tension, headaches, irritability, and even trouble sleeping.
But there’s hope! While GAD is a complex condition with various contributing factors, treatments have proven to be incredibly effective in helping people regain control of their lives.
You are never alone on this journey! Our dedicated Vancouver-based counsellors are here to walk alongside you, every step of the way, towards healing and recovery.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) Symptoms:
- Excessive anxiety and worry
- Difficulty controlling worry
- Restlessness or feeling on edge
- Difficulty concentrating or mind going blank
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disturbances
Treatment for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
There are numerous effective treatment modalities available that can help you manage and alleviate your symptoms.
Top-down approaches, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), focus on changing negative thought patterns and beliefs that contribute to anxiety. CBT helps you develop effective coping strategies and the skills to manage anxiety-provoking situations.
Bottom-up approaches, such as body-based therapies like Somatic Experiencing can help regulate the nervous system and promote relaxation.
Combining both top-down and bottom-up approaches can provide a more comprehensive and effective approach to treating GAD.
In addition to these therapies, practicing healthy habits can also be beneficial in managing GAD symptoms.
Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to treating GAD, and everyone’s journey to recovery is unique. With the help of our highly skilled counsellors in Vancouver, you can find the right treatment plan for you and take the first step toward healing.
Book a complimentary consultation with one of our Anxiety counsellors today. we look forward to hearing from you
- AnxietyBC: Provides information, tools, and resources for individuals with anxiety disorders, including GAD.
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre: Provides information and resources for children, youth, and families with mental health and substance use challenges, including resources for anxiety disorders like GAD.
- MindShift CBT: A free app that provides tools and resources based on CBT principles to manage anxiety symptoms, including GAD.
- The Mood Disorders Association of BC: Provides support and education for individuals with mood disorders, including GAD.
“There is a wisdom in trauma when we realize that our traumatic responses and imprints are not ourselves and that we can work them through and thus become ourselves.”