About Lotus Therapy
Your Healing journey begins here.
The lotus flower grows in muddy water and rises above the surface to bloom with remarkable beauty.
We all encounter roadblocks somewhere along the way keeping us from our best life. At Lotus Therapy, we believe that resilience lies within all of us and just like the lotus flower we grow even in mud. Many of us get stuck in the mud and fail to see our inner strengths and self-healing capacity.
It is our honor as professional counsellors to provide a safe and non-judgmental space and to walk alongside you in your journey.
We specialize in treating trauma in empirically supported ways.
Clients come to us with a wide variety of trauma-related experiences, including PTSD, complex trauma, anxiety, childhood adversity, abuse, sexual assault, accidents, illness, attachment issues, interpersonal challenges, grief and loss, and depression.
Healing Through Self-compassion.
Education & Training
- Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (#15289)
- MSc in clinical psychology with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy – Shahid Beheshti University
- Somatic Experiencing® with Abi Blakeslee (Intermediate level)
- AEDP Immersion training with Diana FoshaEMDR treatment planning with survivors of complex, early neglect and abuse with Andrew Leeds
- Comprehensive EMDR training – Compassion works
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy – Mental Health Foundations
- EMDR consultations with Andrew Leeds
- Indigenous Cultural Safety – Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
- DBT Skills with Marsha Linehan
- Emotionally Focused Externship Training – Vancouver Couple and Family Institute
- Essentials of CBT, CBT for Anxiety and Depression, CBT for Personality Disorders – Beck Institute
- Treating Dissociative Disorders with EMDR: The Progressive Approach, EMDR Therapy for Suicidal Clients and Self-harming Behaviors, Working with Hostile Voices and Parts of the Personality in Complex Trauma and Dissociative Disorders with Dolores Mosquera