Family Counselling in Greater Vancouver
- Are you feeling stuck in your relationships with your children or parents? Our experienced family counsellors could help strengthen the trust, safety, bonding in your family.
- Are you having difficulty communicating with your loved ones? Our family therapists can efficiently help you bond and repair family ruptures.
What is Family Counselling?
The quality of your relationships and your family relationships is your quality of life. Family therapy is a type of counselling that helps family members improve communication, resolve conflicts, and understand and cope with different life stages and situations.
What Family Therapy Can Help With?
Family therapy can help people with many different issues. Some of these include:
- Behavioral problems in children or teens
- Blended and stepfamily issues
- Communication problems
- Emotional abuse, blaming, or emotional neglect
- Role reversal (parentification)
- Death of loved one
- Divorce, separation, or marital problems
- Adjustment to Life Events
- Parent-child conflicts
- Problems between siblings
- Parenting issues
- Stressful events or major life transitions
- Coparenting & using children for revenge
- Lack of boundaries between parent and child
- Drug addiction
How Can Family Therapy Help?
Some families get caught in negative patterns where they begin responding and reacting to each other in ways that perpetuate problems. They argue in harmful ways that result in extreme hostility in the family environment. Some family members may become emotionally detached.
With the support of a family counsellor, family members will be able to understand the root causes of the negative cycles and create new positive cycles of interactions where everyone feel connected, loved, listened to, and understood.
Our experienced family counsellors are trained in effective treatment modalities such as Emotionally Focused Family therapy and they use techniques that help restructure the negative relationship patterns that keep families stuck.
Book A Complementary Consultation With One Of Our Family Therapists Today. We Look Forward To Hearing From You
How to Get Started
We are passionate about helping couples and families deepening their intimacy, connection, and communication with their loved ones. If you are in a relationship that keeps getting stuck in the same old pattern over and over again, our highly skilled family therapists can help stop that pattern. We offer online and in-person family counselling in our office locations in Vancouver & Port Coquitlam. Book a free consultation today.
“New beginnings start with knowing how we create the trap that we are caught in, how we have deprived ourselves of the love we need. Strong bonds grow from resolving to halt the cycles of disconnection, the dances of distress.”