Self-Esteem Counselling in Vancouver, BC
Self-Esteem Counselling in Vancouver
Do you constantly find yourself trying to meet the expectations of others, while simultaneously feeling uncertain and like an impostor? Do you engage in self-criticism and negative self-talk when you make mistakes or fail to meet others’ expectations? Are you afraid that others might discover the real you and not accept you adds to your insecurities?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be experiencing symptoms of low self-esteem. These feelings can be the result of a variety of factors, including unresolved trauma, societal pressures, and ongoing self-doubt.
Our team of therapists in Vancouver can provide a safe and supportive space to explore these issues and work towards a more positive relationship with yourself and others.
Symptoms of Low Self-esteem:
Low self-esteem can manifest in several ways, including:
- Constant self-criticism and negative self-talk.
- Procrastination or avoiding new experiences due to fear of failure.
- Difficulty accepting compliments or praise.
- Feeling guilty and apologizing excessively.
- Setting unrealistic expectations.
- Difficulty setting boundaries and speaking up for your needs and wants.
- Difficulty expressing emotions and connecting with others.
- Engaging in self-destructive behaviors such as substance abuse or disordered eating.
- Chronic feelings of insecurity, shame, and inadequacy.
Our skilled therapists will work with you to foster greater self-awareness and self-compassion, and to help you develop a stronger sense of worth and self-confidence.
Whether you are facing challenges with low self-esteem, feelings of inadequacy, or other emotional or mental health issues, we are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need to overcome them.
How Can Trauma Counselling Help?
We utilize mind-body approaches based in neuroscience which tackle the root of the problem. For most of the people that come to us, that root is past experiences of stress and trauma.
These treatment approaches effectively release the negative impacts of trauma. Our team of experienced trauma counsellors have specialized skills and expertise in understanding and alleviating impacts of trauma. We strive to work from a trauma-informed, LGBTQ2+ affirming, anti-racist lens. We provide secure online counselling and psychotherapy throughout Vancouver and BC.
Benefits of Counselling for Self-Esteem and Perfectionism:
In therapy, you will embark on a journey of self-discovery and growth. You will learn how to:
- Develop self-love and acceptance, instead of relying on external validation.
- Explore unconscious patterns, heal from trauma, and build trust in yourself.
- Uncover the root causes of people-pleasing and perfectionism and alleviate anxiety while defining your priorities.
- Set boundaries, prioritize your needs, and reap the rewards of self-care.
- Practice self-compassion, even in the face of mistakes, and adopt a loving self-care routine.
- Build intimate relationships without sacrificing yourself or feeling the need to be perfect.
You will learn to appreciate and love the most important person in your life, yourself.
How Can Counselling for Self-Esteem Help?
At Lotus Therapy & Counselling Centre, we understand the impact that perfectionism and low self-esteem can have on your overall well-being. That’s why our counselling approach is centered on helping you embrace your authentic and letting go of the need to perform and please others.
Our team of therapists is highly trained in the area of self-compassion and the root causes of perfectionism and self-criticism. During therapy sessions, we will explore the underlying emotions and beliefs that drive these behaviors and focus on addressing and overcoming the root causes of fear, shame, and inadequacy, and negative beliefs about yourself.
If you’re ready to start your healing journey, book a complementary consultation today. We can support you in person and online.