Are you or your loved ones struggling with symptoms of ADHD?
We understand that living with ADHD can be overwhelming, affecting various areas of your life such as relationships, work, and academic performance. Our experienced therapists are here to help you or your child/teen navigate these challenges by providing effective strategies and support.
At Lotus Therapy & counselling Centre, our goal is to help you create a lifestyle that is compatible with your unique brain function. In many ways, this differs from the traditional approach, as the focus shifts from trying to change your brain to fit society’s expectations to adapting society to fit your brain.
This approach recognizes that you have distinct strengths and weaknesses, and it works to build on these strengths while mitigating any potential setbacks.
Together, we can work to identify and develop coping mechanisms that enhance your ability to thrive in various situations, such as developing strategies to improve organization, manage time, and reduce stress. With the right guidance, you can harness your unique talents and achieve your goals.
Common Symptoms of ADD/ADHD
The symptoms of ADHD are typically categorized into two main categories: inattention and hyperactivity/impulsivity.
Inattention symptoms may include:
• Struggling to stay focused on tasks or activities and frequently making careless mistakes or overlooking details.
• Organizing and completing tasks may be a significant challenge, along with paying attention to details and following instructions.
• External stimuli can act as a constant distraction, making it easy to lose concentration. Keeping track of things and remembering important details can also be a struggle.
Hyperactivity/impulsivity symptoms may include:
• Restlessness and the need to fidget or squirm can make it tough to remain seated or still.
• Engaging in excessive running or climbing may be an escape from the current task or activity.
• Difficulty playing quietly can be another indication of hyperactivity, as well as talking excessively or interrupting conversations or activities.
• Waiting for one’s turn can lead to difficulty regulating impulses and may cause impatience.
These symptoms can cause significant impairment in daily functioning, academic and work performance, and social relationships. If you or a loved one are experiencing these symptoms, we are here to support you.
How Can ADHD Counselling Help?
At Lotus Therapy & Counselling Centre, we take a comprehensive approach to therapy that delves deep into the underlying causes of ADHD symptoms. This involves exploring past experiences and relationships, and focusing on developing emotional awareness and regulation skills. Through compassionate and personalized therapy, clients with ADHD can develop the tools they need to manage their symptoms more effectively.
We recognize that clients with ADHD may have experienced shame or stigma in the past and may need a safe and understanding environment to facilitate healing. With our supportive approach, we build trust and create a space for our clients to be vulnerable and authentic.
Our therapy sessions equip clients with the skills to recognize and cope with triggers, develop healthy coping mechanisms, set achievable goals, and create practical strategies to organize and engage with life. With the right therapeutic support, clients can overcome the challenges posed by ADHD and lead fulfilling and meaningful lives.
Our offices are located throughout Greater Vancouver. These areas include Vancouver, Kitsilano, Burnaby, Coquitlam. When you’re ready, our therapists are here to guide you and provide the space you need. You can schedule a complementary 15-minute consultation to learn how we can help you or your loved one.
Book A Complementary Consultation With One Of Our therapists Today. We Look Forward To Hearing From You.
“There is a wisdom in trauma when we realize that our traumatic responses and imprints are not ourselves and that we can work them through and thus become ourselves.”