Online Therapy Counselling
Online Counselling and Therapy with Certified Counsellors in Canada
Are you suffering from anxiety, depression or other mental health concerns? We are ready to help connect you with a trained and certified mental health professional in Canada and across BC.
Online Counselling Services We Offer:
Mental Health Issues:
- Grief & Loss
- Depression & Postpartum
- Personality Disorders
- EMDR Therapy
- Mindfulness based Therapies
- Somatic Therapies
- Internal Family Systems
What are some advantages of online therapy?
Online counselling has a number of advantages over traditional in-person counselling:
- Appointments are accessible anywhere with an internet or phone connection
- There is no travel time, and wait time is dramatically reduced.
- Online counselling can be more flexible, as counsellors can offer appointments outside of normal business hours and therapy can take place through phone or video call.
- Online counselling is covered under most Extended Healthcare Benefits.
- Clients can avoid stigma, which may be helpful for clients who are embarrassed or ashamed of seeking help for mental health issues.
- Most importantly, it can be just as effective as traditional therapy, with studies showing that it can lead to significant improvements in mental health.
For all these reasons, online therapy is an attractive option for those seeking help for mental health issues. Successful therapy starts with finding the right counsellor for you. If you’re interested in seeing whether online therapy is a good fit for you, we offer 15-min complementary consultation to new clients.
How Does Online Trauma Counselling Work?
There are many different psychotherapy modalities that have been shown to rework the brain following trauma. Our team brings forward many evidence-based trauma therapies, including:
Our team of Registered Clinical Counsellors are trauma-informed and draw on years of experience and education in the field.
Why Choose Lotus Therapy for Online Therapy?
Evidence-Based Treatment Methods
Easy and Secure Online platform
Trauma Informed Clinical Counsellors
Person-Centered & Compassion Focused Therapy
Our counsellors specialize in the treatment of trauma, anxiety, depression and much more. We can provide these services to clients throughout Canada from our online platform.
Meet Our Therapy Team!
Nilou Esmaeilpour, MSc, RCC
Registered Clinical Counsellor, Certified EMDR Therapist – Focused on Anxiety Management & Stress Reduction, Self-Esteem & Self-Compassion Building, Trauma, Dissociation, Shame, Self-Sabotage.
Not Accepting new clients. waitlist open
Nilou offers online appointments
Rachelle Buck, MC, RCC
Registered Clinical Counsellor – Focused on Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Suicidality, PTSD, Substance use/recovery, Grief & Loss, Trauma, Self-Compassion & Self-Esteem, Somatic & Mindfulness Approaches.
Rachelle offers online appointments
Lisa Ward, MA, RCC
Registered Clinical Counsellor & Approved Clinical Supervisor, EMDR therapist – Focused on Trauma and Loss, Suicidality, Self-harm, Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, Stress, Childhood Abuse and PTSD.
Lisa offers online appointments
Dr. Alessandro Metta, Ph.D., C.C.C
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Certified Canadian Counsellor – Focused on PTSD, Complex Trauma, Shame and Inadequacy, Grief, Depression, Anxiety, Motor Vehicle Accidents.
Alessandro offers online & In-person Appointments
Yes, research shows that online therapy can be as effective as in-person therapy. Here are the results of a few studies:
- A 2014 studypublished in the Journal of Affective Disorders found that online treatment was just as effective as face-to-face treatment for depression.
- A 2018 studypublished in the Journal of Psychological Disorders found that online cognitive behavioral therapy is, “effective, acceptable, and practical health care.” The study found the online cognitive behavioral therapy was equally as effective as face-to-face treatment for major depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and generalized anxiety
- A 2014 studypublished in Behaviour Research and Therapy found that online cognitive behavioral therapy was effective in treating anxiety disorders. Treatment was cost-effective and the positive improvements were sustained at the one-year follow-up.
Source: Psychology Today Does Online Therapy Work?
Yes, if you have coverage for in-person counselling or therapy, most insurance providers will provide coverage for online therapy. Please check with your insurance provider to verify your coverage.
Please check out our rates.
Therapy sessions are typically 60 minutes.
Please make sure you find a quiet and private place where you will not be interrupted. Select a place with a solid internet connection and have a fully charged cell phone and/or lap top computer. If you are using your cell phone, put it on ‘do not disturb’