Therapy for Postpartum Anxiety
Therapy for Postpartum Anxiety in Vancouver, BC
Are you a new parent struggling with anxiety? Have you recently become a parent and are finding it hard to cope with the stress and anxiety that come with it? Are you experiencing intrusive thoughts or excessive worry related to your new role as a parent?
We want you to know that you’re not alone, and there is help available.
Our Vancouver-based therapists specialize in postpartum anxiety and use evidence-based treatments to help you overcome your anxiety.
If you are ready to take the first step towards feeling better and enjoying the joys of parenthood, we invite you to learn more about our therapy for postpartum anxiety.
Postpartum Anxiety Symptoms:
Symptoms of PPA can vary, but may include:
- Excessive worry or fear about the baby’s health or safety
- Restlessness or irritability
- Avoidance of social situations or fear of being alone with the baby
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Physical symptoms such as rapid heartbeat or sweating
- Insomnia and difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Panic attacks
- Intrusive and unwanted thoughts
Treatment for Postpartum Anxiety:
There are various effective ways to treat postpartum anxiety, which can be used alone or in combination with each other. Engaging in self-care practices is essential for recovery, regardless of whether medication or therapy is chosen.
Both postpartum anxiety and PPD can affect your relationship with your baby, but there are treatment options available, such as medications, specific therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy.
Practicing mindfulness, or being aware of the present moment, can also help reduce symptoms of postpartum anxiety and depression and promote self-compassion. Mindfulness can be practiced alone, in a group, or with the assistance of a meditation app.
Book a complimentary consultation with one of our counsellors today. we look forward to hearing from you
- Pacific Post Partum Support Society: https://postpartum.org/
- Postpartum Depression and Anxiety BC: https://www.postpartum.org/
- BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services: https://www.bcmhsus.ca/mental-health-and-substance-use-services
- The Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre: https://keltymentalhealth.ca/
- FamilySmart: https://familysmart.ca/
“There is a wisdom in trauma when we realize that our traumatic responses and imprints are not ourselves and that we can work them through and thus become ourselves.”