Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Therapy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in Vancouver, BC
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can be a heavy burden to bear, often leaving its sufferers feeling isolated, overwhelmed, and trapped in their memories.
But there’s hope – Lotus Therapy & Counselling Centre is here to help you find a path to healing and rediscover a sense of peace, control, and wholeness.
At Lotus Therapy Centre, we understand the profound impact that trauma can have on our mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Our compassionate and experienced counsellors specialize in working with clients struggling with PTSD, offering a safe space to explore and process difficult emotions and experiences.
PTSD symptoms can be divided into four main categories:
- Intrusive thoughts: Recurrent, unwanted memories, flashbacks, or nightmares of the traumatic event.
- Avoidance: Deliberate avoidance of thoughts, feelings, or situations associated with the trauma.
- Negative changes in thinking and mood: Persistent negative beliefs about oneself, others, or the world, feelings of guilt or shame, and emotional numbness or detachment.
- Changes in physical and emotional reactions: Hypervigilance, irritability, difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbances, and exaggerated startle response.
While many people go through traumatic events, not everyone develops PTSD. Factors like the event’s intensity, personal history, and social support networks play a significant role in determining whether PTSD takes hold.
The good news is that treatments can help clients regain control of their lives. Our Vancouver based therapists are trained and experienced in treating PTSD.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can take a heavy toll on a person’s life, leaving them trapped in a cycle of disturbing memories, flashbacks, and emotions.
Our comprehensive approach to PTSD treatment encompasses a wide range of therapeutic modalities, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapyfor PTSD
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT):
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Present Centered Therapy (PCT)
Ready to start your transformation? Reach out to us today and let us be on your side in overcoming PTSD and rediscovering a life filled with hope, strength, and growth.
PTSD is treatable, and understanding the various options available can be the first step towards a brighter future. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help and regain control of your life.
Book a complimentary consultation with one of our trauma experts today. we look forward to hearing from you
- BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services: Provides treatment and support for people with PTSD. https://www.bcmhsus.ca/mental-health-and-substance-use/conditions-and-treatments/post-traumatic-stress-disorder.
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority: Provides treatment and support for people with PTSD. https://www.vch.ca/your-care/mental-health-substance-use/mental-health-services.
- Canadian Mental Health Association – BC Division: Provides support, education, and advocacy for people with mental health issues, including PTSD. https://cmha.bc.ca/mental-health/.
- Mood Disorders Association of BC: Provides support, education, and advocacy for people with mood disorders, including PTSD. https://www.mdabc.net/.
- Veterans Affairs Canada: Provides services and benefits for Canadian veterans and their families, including those who have PTSD. https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/health-support/mental-health-and-wellness.
“There is a wisdom in trauma when we realize that our traumatic responses and imprints are not ourselves and that we can work them through and thus become ourselves.”