Hi my name is Sandy
I have a Master of Arts degree in Counselling Psychology and I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and an Approved Clinical Supervisor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. I bring curiosity, compassion, warmth and respect to this work. I view my role as that of co-inquirer into the larger perspective of what might be going on for you. Through deep and intuitive listening, I often find connections between your current situation and what might be truly at issue. We may look at learned patterns and coping methods that are no longer serving you. Some of those patterns may have come from unaddressed trauma, shame, grief or loss. My intention is that you feel heard and understood as you expand your self-knowledge and move towards your goals.
I have found that clients come to see me when they are feeling stuck and confused or perhaps struggling with the impact of past trauma. This may include feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, grief or questioning of their self-worth. My approach is tailored to each person, with an emphasis on collaboration. I use trauma-informed, attachment-based counselling approaches including EMDR, experiential methods, Gestalt, Solution-focused, Motivational Interviewing, Family Systems, CBT, transpersonal, and existential methods.
I have extensive experience working with adults, families and youth (age 13+). I am LGBTQ+ allied and a strong advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. My pronouns are she/her/hers. I also offer clinical supervision to other therapists.
I invite you to book a free 15-minute consultation to see if I would be a good fit for you. I look forward to connecting with you.
Education & Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University
- Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors #18414
- Diploma in Transpersonal Therapeutic Counselling, Clearmind International
- BCACC Approved Clinical Supervisor
- Attachment-based Connect Parenting Group facilitator
- Clinical Supervision Foundations Certificate – City University
- San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training
- Treating Complex Trauma: Beyond Competency, Linda Curran
- Trauma Recovery, Janina Fisher
- EMDR Training: EMDR Consulting
- The Vancouver CBT and DBT Clinical Skills Conference
- Clinical Supervision – Skills for Developing Counsellors, CTRI Continuing Education
- Couples Experiential Relational Life Therapy seminar with Terry Real
- Motivational Interviewing, Levels 1 and 2, UBC Continuing Education
- Solutions Focused Brief Therapy
- Emotions-Focused Family Therapy for Eating Disorders, Natasha Files
- Assist Suicide Prevention
- Master of Business Administration, University of British Columbia
- Diploma in Education, McGill University
- Bachelor of Arts, French Language and Literature, McGill University
Sandy specializes in the treatment of anxiety, depression, anger, grief and loss, as well as the healing of past trauma, parenting and workplace issues.