Hello, my name is Rachelle (she/her)
I hold a Graduate Degree in Counselling Psychology and I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (R.C.C.# 14415). I have over 15 years of experience working in mental health as both a counsellor and a psychiatric nurse.
A lot of mental health presentations including anxiety, depression, suicidality, PTSD and addiction stem from stressful and traumatic experiences in our past. These experiences need to be acknowledged and safely resolved.
To treat underlying issues at their roots, I use a variety of therapy methods that work with your brain, body, and nervous system, including Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and Self-Compassion Focused Therapy. All of these modalities can help you calm your body and move you towards feeling regulated more often. Together, we will explore how you have adapted over time and how to unlearn patterns that no longer serve you, such as people-pleasing, self-sabotage, shame, and perfectionism. As part of this process, I help you learn self-compassion, which is correlated with many positive health outcomes.
My practice is solidly and consistently grounded in person-centred, trauma-informed, and social justice practice. I strive to create a therapeutic space where you feel welcomed and respected. My goal in therapy is to support you in that safe space so you can face and work through your difficult memories and experiences that are holding you back.
I invite you to book a 15-minute free consultation call to see if we are a good fit. I look forward to connecting with you!
Education & Training
- Master of Counselling |City University of Seattle | Registered Clinical Counsellor
- Registered Clinical Counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors #14415
- Basic Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing | EMDR Center of Canada**
- Internal Family Systems Online Circle: Foundations of the IFS Model
- Internal Family Systems: A Step-by-Step Guide Through Clinical Applications of the IFS Model
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level 1| Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
** in progress into 2022/23
- Yoga Skills for Anxiety and Depression| Amy Weintraub
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy | Vancouver Coastal Health
- DBT Skills | DBT Centre Vancouver
- Mental Health & Addiction Specialty Certificate |Thompson Rivers University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing | Thompson Rivers University
- Registered Nurse (RN), CRNBC 2006-2020