Hi, I'm Jessica (she/her)!
Hi there! My name is Jessica Atnikov, RCC #19149 I work as a Registered Clinical (RCC# 19149) Counsellor and professional Art Therapist. I completed her Master of Clinical Psychology from Adler University and her BFA in Art History from the University of Victoria.
I am inspired and moved by the creative process and its intrinsic ability to reveal, connect, and heal. From a compassionate, empathetic, and curious lens, I strive to create a safe place for clients to explore and engage with their creative process and connect with their innate wholeness.
I have a wide range of experience working with children, youth, adults, families, and couples. My areas of interest include, but are not limited to, technological health, body image, eating disorders, low self-esteem, disconnect, anxiety, and OCD. I have also worked extensively with addiction, school related stress, and ADHD.
My client-centered, trauma-informed approach pulls from modalities such as EMDR, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Therapy, Existential Therapy, and Adlerian therapy.
I am an ally of LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC communities. It is my mission to provide a safe, nurturing, and welcoming environment to individuals from all walks of life.
Education & Training
- Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (#19149)
- Master of Counselling Psychology: Art Therapy -Adler University
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: Art History – University of Victoria
- Standard Basic EMDR training: Envision
- Gottman Institute: Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Counselling
- Adlerian Counselling Art Therapy training in Cows Can Be Purple
- Cultural Competency Course: Indigenous Canada through University of Alberta
- Calming the Inner Critic: Working with Punitive Introject, Ego States & Dissociative Parts Emergency First Aid for Industry (OFA Level 1): St. John Ambulance
- Attachment-Based Healing Interventions to Help Clients Heal from Attachment Traumas
- Resisting Burnout & Vicarious Trauma & The Zone of Fabulousness
- Trauma and Resiliency Informed Practice (TRIP)