Hi, my name is Alessandro
I hold a PhD and a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology, and I am a Certified Counsellor registered with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (reg # 10009915). With years of experience in the field, I have dedicated my career to helping clients overcome emotional struggles and achieve their full potential.
Creating a safe and authentic therapeutic connection is essential to achieving lasting healing and growth. I believe in providing a warm, welcoming, and non-judgmental environment where you feel seen and heard. I am committed to holding space for you to explore your thoughts and emotions without fear of judgment. My approach to therapy is experiential and integrative, grounded in neuroscience, with an emphasis on attachment and relational healing.
In my clinical practice, I am passionate about helping clients navigate complex emotions and overcome challenges to achieve self-actualization. I specialize in addressing issues such as shame, inadequacy, grief, and loss while providing a safe and supportive environment for clients to explore and grow. Additionally, I have extensive experience working with individuals dealing with depression, anxiety, complex trauma, and PTSD, using a personalized trauma-informed care approach that is tailored to meet each client’s unique needs.
My approach to therapy is both direct and compassionate, and I draw from a variety of theoretical orientations to create a customized treatment plan for each client. With a deep understanding of how the brain works, I am able to explain complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand, and I use evidence-based approaches such as Mindfulness, EMDR, ACT, and DBT to provide here-and-now interventions that are tailored to the individual needs of my clients.
I believe that therapy is a collaborative process and I am here to support, guide, and hold space for your process of growth. Whatever challenges you may be facing, my wish is to help you move forward in your healing process by honoring your embodied experience, building effective tools, and finding meaning in your circumstances.
If you’re seeking a therapist who can help you access your full potential and overcome emotional struggles, I invite you to book a 15-minute free consultation call to see if we are a good fit. It’s time to take the first step towards a better life, and I look forward to connecting with you soon!
Please note I work with adult clients only.
Education & Training
- PH.D. in Clinical Psychology – Fielding Graduate University, CA, Clinical Psychology Program (Accredited by the American Psychological Association)
- Predoctoral Residency with the First Nations Health Authority of Sioux Lookout, Ontario (Accredited by the Canadian Psychological Association)
- Certified Counsellor registered with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (reg # 10009915)
- ACT for Depression and Anxiety Disorders with Dr. Russ Harris
- Understanding and Treating Disorganized Attachment and Dissociation with Dr. Dan Siegel
- EMDR – provided by the EMDR International Association
- DBT Skills provided by Behavioral Tech
- Trauma-Informed Practice with Inner Critic and Perfectionist clients – NICAMB training series
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD with Dr. Philippe Shnaider
- Training in Clinical Practice with Transgender Clients at Fielding Graduate University
- Restorative Practices Facilitator – sponsored by the Community Justice Initiatives
- Psychopathy Checklist: Revised Screening Version with Dr. Stephen Hart
- Integrating Experiential Psychotherapies- Dr. Tori Olds
Memberships & Qualifications
Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) #10009915
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) Member ID# 167111