Hi, my name is Alessandro
I hold a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and am a Certified Counsellor registered with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (reg # 10009915).
In my clinical practice, I help clients build a foundation for Self-Actualization while navigating complicated feelings like shame and inadequacy, grief and loss, dealing with depression and anxiety, Complex Trauma and PTSD, with a trauma-informed care approach, in a direct and compassionate style. While my interventions draw from a variety of theoretical orientations, my work is existential in perspective and uses Mindfulness, EMDR, and other evidence-based approaches (including ACT and DBT), to match here-and-now interventions to the individual needs of clients. Whether therapy is done to navigate difficult life transitions or resolve a specific issue, I believe that providing you with a safe therapeutic relationship, an inquiry for authenticity, and a basic understanding of how the brain works will help you see how much potential there is for change.
I invite you to book a 15-minute free consultation call to see if we are a good fit. I look forward to connecting with you!
Please note I work with adult clients only.
Education & Training
- PH.D. in Clinical Psychology – Fielding Graduate University, CA, Clinical Psychology Program (Accredited by the American Psychological Association)
- Predoctoral Residency with the First Nations Health Authority of Sioux Lookout, Ontario (Accredited by the Canadian Psychological Association)
- Certified Counsellor registered with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (reg # 10009915)
- ACT for Depression and Anxiety Disorders with Dr. Russ Harris
- Understanding and Treating Disorganized Attachment and Dissociation with Dr. Dan Siegel
- EMDR – provided by the EMDR International Association
- DBT Skills provided by Behavioral Tech
- Trauma-Informed Practice with Inner Critic and Perfectionist clients – NICAMB training series
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD with Dr. Philippe Shnaider
- Training in Clinical Practice with Transgender Clients at Fielding Graduate University
- Restorative Practices Facilitator – sponsored by the Community Justice Initiatives
- Psychopathy Checklist: Revised Screening Version with Dr. Stephen Hart
Memberships & Qualifications
Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) #10009915
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) Member ID# 167111